Would you like to experience living and training in Okinawa – the birthplace of Karate?
Today is your lucky day!
We are accepting NEW APPLICATIONS NOW for the next Karate Nerd program in Okinawa to commence late 2017/early 2018. Click the link below to apply.
OKNP is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for young Karate Nerds between the ages of 18-35 to fly to Okinawa and live there for 6-12 months and experience the Way of Karate at its source.
This programme is the result of an exclusive collaboration between Jesse Enkamp, chief karate nerd at KARATEbyJesse.com, and James Pankiewicz, founder of The DOJO Bar and Challenge Okinawa, together with Seishin International as proud sponsor.
If you are a young Karate Nerd who dreams of discovering the essence of Karate (…and yourself) – keep reading.
The Okinawan Karate Nerd Programme includes:
– 6 or 12 months living in Okinawa – the birthplace of Karate.
– Daily training with traditional Karate masters and living legends.
– Hands on involvement behind the scenes in Okinawan seminars and events.
– Assistance in working part time in local businesses and assisting at Challenge Okinawa (The 100 Kata Event, international seminars etc).
– Access to unique Okinawan cultural activities such as working in a awamori factory or with a master sanshin maker, exploring Okinawa’s mountain trails, or coastline on kayak, exploring Okinawa’s castles and caves, learn to cook traditional food etc.
The first class of Okinawa Karate Nerds have been having the adventure of a lifetime since arriving in Okinawa in spring 2017. Check out our reports on their experiences …
If you are accepted into OKNP, the following will be provided for you:
– Pre-trip advice on visa application (applicant must apply themselves) and general preparation help.
– Airport pick up, good value accommodation (applicant pays) and orientation on Okinawa.
– Help with designing personal training programme, introductions to local teachers and access to other Karate resources.
– Help with finding part time work such as at The DOJO Bar or other local businesses, and/or as assistant in local Karate events.
– Introduction to cultural and learning opportunities such as Japanese lessons, calligraphy lessons, cooking classes etc.
– Special excursions and trips around Okinawa and nearby islands to discover unique locations and people.
– Any assistance required with other necessary services such as travel, local government, medical etc.
We are accepting NEW APPLICATIONS NOW for the next Karate Nerd program in Okinawa to commence by OCTOBER 1st 2017. Click the link below to apply.
Sounds amazing, right? Click here to get access to the application form.